29 July, 2006

A joyful melancholy Night, or My Muse Has a Two Drink Minimum


Yesterday, was hot and hazy. Lots of smoke left over from the fire I mentioned earlier, but nothing burnt umber and billowing across the sky, and things seem pretty clear today, so guess the fire's out or under control. Anyway, I wound up near the old slag piles from when Grand Forks was something of mining centre. U know, just continuing my exploration of the town, and trying to kill that roll of film by Monday. I should have some decent shots provided I over exposed enough to get the shadows, but not too much to keep me from bringing the highlights back in in post production.

(This shot was taken towards the end of April, when there was still some green on the hills. The location is painfully close to my house, actually right on the road into Grand Forks proper from where I live near the airport.)

So after shooting near the slag piles, I eventually meandered my way to the Winnipeg Pub, in town, for a pint (or five or six). Played the new Jukebox, mp3 based, I'm guessing. Probably a thousand songs or more, but only about 50 worth paying to listen to. It's the old story, take a handful of hits (or what passes for hits) and forget about the good stuff. Whitesnake, but not "Slow an' Easy" or "Still of the Night," the only Deep Purple was "Smoke on the Water." I can't even remember if there was any Blue Oyster Cult... But other than that, it was a pretty good night. I wrote two poems, walked home, had a bit of fun.

Now to try an decide what I'm doing tonight.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home