04 March, 2007


Well, I've scanned/rescanned everything I wanted from the 12 numbered rolls from 2005. That didn't take that long, of course there were only about 60 images in there that I felt were worth the disk space to begin with. The next 14 rolls I have to rescan have closer to 180 "worthwhile" images.

The only real advantage I have in all this is that I kept notes of the scan settings I used for each image. What this means is that, for the most part, I won't have to do preview scans and fiddle with settings (some of which require rescanning the preview) before I get right into the main scanning.

Having played around a bit (Nikon Scan can be used to edit post scan) I've found that the USM settings I had been using had more effect the grainier the base image was. The noisier the grain, the more the USM increased the noise. Oh well, I things go well, I should be all caught up again in a week or three (that's including all the post work that has to be redone, well most of post work that has to be redone).

This shot was taken in Penticton in June of 2005. I don't know if I'll ever make a print out of it, but I do like the play between the mural and the two vans.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home