19 February, 2007

"Reality: A Work in Progress, please STAND BY!"


It's been a busy couple of days. Right now I'm about a-month-and-a-half ahead of schedual as far as scanning film goes, which means that I have some of my old favourites digitised and ready to work with. I got back in touch with an old friend from Penticton, Stirls, the craziest cat I've ever had the pleasure of knowing. I've also made a couple new friends here in GF, which is always good. And I've got this feeling right now like this is going to turn out to be one hell of a good year for me.

The photo is 2nd street by the Pope & Talbot yard here in GF. Shot the beginning of January, I've done something to this one that I don't usually do to my photos these days. Normally, I try to shoot for the 1:1.5 aspect ratio inherent in 35mm film, but this shot works better in a 1:1.25 ratio. It's just a little less grey overcast off the top of the frame, but it seems to pull this together a bit more. I considered a square, 1:1 ratio, but felt that there wasn't enough grey left in that to give a sense of the overall weather conditions.


(Limited Edition Print offer. 5, 10x13" no border, signed $70 Canadian. ? S&H)

Dig the joke?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home