26 January, 2007


This less than focused composition was shot last July, in the flower beds outside Grand Forks City Hall. At the time I was mostly interested in the light, its directionality and how it was affecting the colours (how the colours would represent on film). Prior to that night, I don't recall having ever uses a 5 minute exposure, honestly, I think that I had only exposed for 60 seconds and 2 minutes a total of perhaps ten times all together. Since then, I've exposed for 2 minutes or more a total of 13 times, three of those times for 15 minutes each. Often enough, I'm really only making an educated guess about exposure times. Right now, the best I can tell is if I need more that 30seconds wide open based on 60/40 partial centre weighted TTL (through the lens) metring of the total scene, use the "rule of reciprocity," factor in reciprocity failure, and run a gut check based on experience and intuition. So far, it usually works out.

Well, it's Friday, so it's time to get dressed, go out, shoot a few frames, and then go and get drunk (or at least a bit tipsy). Ciao

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home