27 December, 2006

Happy New Years


This is yet another shot of the Kettle river, taken on Friday the 13th of Octobre 2006. I set up my tripod on a small (minuscule) bit of beach in city park, within perhaps five feet of the water (probably a bit less). Almost all the light was coming from the Pope & Talbot yard, just beyond the top of the far bank.

I know the three big things ($ wise) that I'm going to be working towards next year. A 35mm f2 Zeiss ZF lens, a spot metre (which will be particularly indispensable since the combination of the the Zeiss lens with my heavily computerised Nikon camera body knocks out TTL metring), and a 13 inch pigment based printer.

I'll also continue working on my generic and expansive pocket-portfolio, and I still have a backlog of 20+ old rolls of film to scan (don't expect to get too much of use out of the oldest rolls, but I do know that there are one or two gems back there).

Since I don't know if I'm gonna manage another post before the arbitrarily set cosmic odometre rolls over, Happy New Years, and I see U in 2007.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great light - even though it's a night shot, it feels similar to daytime, when the sun is just about to burst out from behind cloud cover. Nice job.

14/1/07 8:53 p.m.  
Blogger ARConn said...

Thanks, although I think a fair bit of the credit goes to P&T. They supplied the lighting equipment, I just figured out how to use it;)

15/1/07 7:18 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home