17 December, 2006

Kettle River & a Cold


I'm just starting to get over the worst cold that I've had in more than a year. Thursday started out with a case of the sniffles and a bit of a sore throat, but by that evening things were beginning to feel worse.

Friday was utter hell, and naturally enough we had to install a furnace in a 95 year old lady's house. Fortunately by about 4 o'clock we had completed everything that really requires two people to do (I figure about 70% of a typical install could be done by one person, it would just take longer and be a bit more difficult), so I was able to go home to bed before my sinuses exploded.

I slept from about 6:30 to about midnight, got up, ate a little, and then went back to bed until about 2pm Saturday. By then I was feeling like death warmed over, a definite improvement from the day before, although not much of an improvement. Either way I was in bed by about ten that night.

Today wasn't too bad, got up around noon, felt well enough to walk the dog. Just a ticklish throat and the joy of draining sinuses (still, it's better than the alternative). I expect to either be recovered by tomorrow, or to have one hell of a cough.

The photo is of the Kettle river, shot back in Octobre. At the bend, and behind the trees on the left is where the Granby river joins it. This is probably where Grand Forks gets its name, I can't be sure but I'd put money on it (especially since City Hall is maybe 1/8 mile from where I was standing).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home