03 August, 2006

Kitties and Coupland

Well, how's that for synchronicity. I just finished re-reading Douglas Coupland's Generation X, for the first time since college, at about 1:30 this morning. If anything, it may have become more relevant with the passage of a few years, with the further acceleration of culture. (I couls spend some time decontructing the book, but since I'm no longer in academentia, I don't really feel the need). Anyway, when I logged on this afternoon, the first thing I see is this, an interview with said author at the Tyee, an online BC news source.
Sure, it wasn't anything grandiose, no secrets of the universe or anything, but still...

On the kitty front, Roxanne has accepted me. I caught her in my bedroom lastnight around 4am, rolling in some dirty shirts. Apparently she has a laundry fetish, does the same thing at home and every now and then get tangled in one of my mother's bras.
Buddy is a differnt story. He had somewhat accepted me on the first day, let me pet him and he nosed me (claiming me as his), but now whenever he sees me he gets that I'm-not-goining-to-let-U-eat-me look and runs away.

Cats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home