13 March, 2007


One of the things I never did when I lived in Penticton, was hop the bus out to Naramata, although I had started to think about it around the time that we moved. When I was there, it was just a small shuttle bus on the route and there's no reason to think that's changed but the service is pretty regular, five times a day during the week and four times on Saturday. I know this because I was just on the BC Transit web site.

I had been thinking about taking the local shuttle bus out to Greenwood, but that not going to happen. The shuttle bus is from Greenwood to Grand Forks, one round trip, once a week (there is a wait of a couple hours between entering GF and leaving again).

While I'm slightly disappointed, I can't say that I'm especially surprised. There are some pretty major differences of scale involved: Naramata's 4-5 times the size of Greenwood, and Penticton's about 8 or 9 times the size of GF.

Today's photo was taken from my back yard (well from 150-200' to the right of my backyard) on 1 February 2006 at about 8:30am (I have mentioned that I'm generally an afternoon-night person).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home