03 April, 2007

100!


*I had planned to post this Wednesday night, before leaving for Alberta Thursday morning, so naturally we left Wednesday afternoon. It's Monday evening, i'm back in GF, i'm tired, i have two rolls of film to be developed the next time i'm in Penticton (see below), and i'm going to go have a shower now, before i begin to catch up on my blog reading. We now return u to u'r regularly scheduled blog post.*

Here we are, the 100th post on my little corner of the inter-web. And it only took about eight-and-a-half months.

I think i'm going to take the time to just wax poetic on where i am and where i'm going, and anything else that floats across my mind.

For starters, i'm looking forward to the next 150 blog posts (that'll make 250), and sticking around here for a long long time. I'm planning to revamp the links section, especially the blogroll (try to do something categorical) and add a few new links while i'm at it. As for the direction of the blog itself, i'm pretty happy with the way things are, although i'd like to open up a bit more, maybe try a more personal/philosophical approach to entries.

Photographically, i'm in a good place right now. I still have two-and-a-half rolls to rescan, and finally after two-and-a-half months a roll ready to be developed (might be two rolls by the time i get back Penticton way on the 12th). I'm really looking forward to shooting lots this summer and expanding my photographic repertoire. I should be very busy this summer if even half of what's in the plans actually goes down. The chance to be around other camera guys, to learn, to teach, to just share process and evolution has me really hyped. And i still have all those early early rolls of film to scan (but that should go pretty quickly when i get around to it, not too too much in the way of keepers from that time).

And there's plenty else going on. I'm in a spring cleaning mood. And after close to year of only listening to music at bars etc, i'm dusting off my mp3 collection, which means that i'll start adding to it again. And i've got about a thousand books i want to read.

All in all, i'm feeling better right now that i have in almost two years, and this time it's going to last because my hopes and expectations from life are much more reasonable and i don't feel like i need things to turn out a certain way and i'm not worrying about whether or not things come to me in the way that i expected them too or not. I'm much more accepting of the unexpected, much more open to letting good things come into my life on their terms.

*the pic is of Blazed Creek at the Blazed Creek rest area on Highway 3, on the Creston side of the Salmo-Creston pass. This pic was shot last Octobre. There will not be any pics of this location from my most recent trip, primarily because as of this Easter long weekend, the rest area is still under two to three feet of snow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home