04 November, 2006

First Scan


Scanning is proving to be a bit time consuming: partly because of the whole learning curve thing, and partly because I tend to shoot under highly variable conditions, even on the same roll. But I am starting to get the hang of things, slowly learning what works and what doesn't and when. Still, at this time, it does take me an average of 10-12 minutes per frame of film to get what I'm looking for in a base image

The photo was taken in Grand Forks on 31 August of this year as a preliminary shot of that location. Really because I like this spot, it's within city limits (I think) and yet there is still this large undeveloped space surrounded by housing, a baseball park, and a supermarket (then again, it is rather close to the city/rural limits).

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home