10 August, 2006

No New Photos

Between the slowness of my mother to get going in the morning (which means it was about quarter past seven by the time we left home, plus extra traffic for being later in the day), which meant it was 10:40 before we got to Wal-mart; and, my grandmother's insistence on hurrying home for the purposes of doing nothing (which can be done anywhere) so that we left Penticton by 1pm, I didn't even bother trying to get my film developed.
It can be considered a fundamental fact of nature that if U don't get U'r film into the Wal-mart photo-center by 9:30 at the latest, it is going to be at least a three to five hour wait for one-hour processing, especially if it's summer and doubly so if there happens to be one of those touristy summer events going on like, oh, I don't know, Peach Fest.

I'm fed up with waiting. Some time within the next week or so, I'm going to visit the local camera shop and get myself a film scanner. According to Nikon, Contact Photo Arts is an authorised Nikon dealer of the film scanner that I want -- well, the one I can afford.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home